Susan Cain, author of QUIET: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, believes the power of introverts lies in what many consider their weaknesses. In this video you’ll learn key ways from Susan Cain to use introverted traits to your benefit in business and life, and discover how to be fully yourself when networking.
1. Choose Your Business Or Career Wisely. Ask yourself if a job or career will be a good fit for your introverted temperament. Susan Cain suggests choosing a line of work that fits and that you’re also passionate about.
2. Make A Quota. Instead of battling with yourself over every social invitation, create a quota system for how often you’ll go out and socialize. Once you meet your quota, you can comfortably turn down additional invitations.
3. The Power Of One And Rule Of Thumb For Networking. If you’re introverted, reframe networking in a way that works for you. Instead of worrying about working an entire room at a networking event, focus on finding just one kindred spirit you can connect with.
4. The Power Of Partnerships. Find a partner who is a complement to your temperament and skill-set.
5. When It’s Time To Fly, Don’t Deny. When you’re out in the world being social, you’ll eventually reach your breaking point where you’re reading to go home. Train yourself in graceful ways to exit social events when you’re ready to leave.
C’mon over to www.marieforleo.com/2013/11/susan-cain-introverts-networking/ where the main discussion happens after the episode!
Susan Cain’s website: www.thepowerofintroverts.com
Susan Cain’s book, QUIET: amzn.to/17qnMwk
If you enjoyed this video, subscribe to our channel and sign up for your free weekly business and life advice at www.marieforleo.com.
And if you’re interested in more videos on personal growth like this one, check out our YouTube playlist on that exact topic here: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF09676920DB8DB33.
Thanks for watching!
My YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/marieforleo
Susan Cain on my website: www.marieforleo.com/2013/11/susan-cain-introverts-networking/
Susan Cain on YouTube: youtu.be/hcvleuvJD0w