How to stay focused in a busy, overwhelming world — it seems impossible, but it’s not. If you feel like you always have too much going on and you can’t focus on anything, you need to see this episode of MarieTV. In this video you’ll learn from a leading authority in the field of ADHD how to focus, prioritize, and maximize your energy to be more productive.
1. Define Clear And Specific Goals. If you’re trying to figure out how to stay focused on your goals, break them down into 4 categories: no more than 3 short term goals to accomplish today, 3 medium term goals to accomplish in the next 2-4 weeks, 3 long term goals to meet in the next 6-12 months, and 3 lifetime goals to meet before you die.
2. Avoid Screen Sucking. Only check emails during a time you designate for that task. Take back control from mindless web surfing or it will take control of you.
3. Change Your Default Response. Instead of automatically saying yes to everything, change it to, “Let me think about that and get back to you,” or “No, I don’t have time to give do that excellent proposal of yours justice.”
4. Never Worry Alone. If you’re learning how to stay focused, remember that it’s fine to worry — just don’t do it alone. Worry with the right people so you can problem-solve and feel powerful.
5. Cultivate Lilies And Get Rid Of Leeches. Lilies are people or projects that are worth the time and energy you invest in them. They encourage dreams. Leeches aren’t worth the time and energy you invest, and instead are dream breakers.
C’mon over to www.marieforleo.com/2014/02/how-to-stay-focused/ where the main discussion happens after the episode!
If you enjoyed this video, subscribe to our channel and sign up for your free weekly business and life advice at www.marieforleo.com.
And if you’re interested in more videos on how to focus and be productive like this one, check out our YouTube playlist on that exact topic here: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4FE61E9B84760E4A.
Thanks for watching!